Criteria for entry into the competition:
Please create a piece of artwork incorporating mosaics.
Work can be two dimensional or three dimensional, made with any found objects or materials. It can be stuck with glue or glue sticks or mosaic adhesives and grouts or cement, using either an ad-lib or a traditional mosaic approach.
Some examples of found objects that could be used are:
Plastic – old toys and games
Buttons and beads
Made to any scale, entries will be judged on their individual approach and style and not necessarily something perfectly finished.
· This prestigious competition is open to all schools and invites students up to (and including) the age of 18, to submit their work.
· All entries must be original works of art; facsimiles of existing artworks will not be accepted.
· Clear evidence of personal research or a workbook should be available so that we can understand the inspiration and how the idea was developed.
· The deadline for receiving entries is 30th November 2017.
· All entries will be judged by Cleo Mussi herself, with the help of the team from Specialist Crafts.
· From the initial entries, a shortlist will be compiled. Those entries on the shortlist may be asked to provide further images and workbook evidence so we can judge all entries in more detail.
· A list of 10 finalists will then be announced by 31st December 2017.
· Where group entries are submitted, only one pupil and one teacher per school can take part in the Finalists’ Workshop.
Work submitted must be supplied in digital format and be at least 300dpi in a suitable file format e.g. jpeg, PDF or tiff.
All entries must be submitted through the entry form below.
By entering the competition you agree to Specialist Crafts using the artwork in promotional materials.
For inspiration, please consult this guide created by Cleo on how to make a ceramic mosaic tile.