Criteria for entry into the competition:
· Develop a wildlife inspired mixed media piece of work.
This can be an object, item of clothing, image, functional, expressive or decorative item from any cultural background.
· There are no restrictions on size, media or combinations of media for your response e.g. embroidery into a photograph or knitting with wire.
· The emphasis should be on your own interpretation and not replication.
Terms and Conditions:
· This prestigious competition is open to all schools and invites students up to (and including) the age of 18, to submit their work.
· All entries must be original works of art; facsimiles of existing artworks will not be accepted.
· Clear evidence of personal research or a workbook should be available so that we can understand the inspiration and how the idea was developed.
· The deadline for receiving entries is 31st October 2022.
· All entries will be judged by Sarah Taylor, with the help of the team from Dryad Education.
· From the initial entries, a shortlist will be compiled. Those entries on the shortlist may be asked to provide further images and workbook evidence so we can judge all entries in more detail.
· A list of 10 finalists will then be announced by 13th January 2023.
· Where group entries are submitted, only one pupil and one teacher per school can take part in the Finalists’ Workshop.
Work must be supplied as a digital image in a suitable file format e.g. jpg.
By entering the competition you agree to Dryad Education using the artwork in promotional materials.
There is no limit to the number of entries that can be submitted per school.
*Entry into the competition has now closed and the finalists will be revealed shortly*